HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a York D1NP042N09006 DUAL AC/GAS HEAT unit. had blower…

Have a York D1NP042N09006...

Have a York D1NP042N09006 DUAL AC/GAS HEAT unit. had blower replaced and since then fan speed is too high(35 40 degree difference in/out) how do adjust? or is ST9120 2002 board bad?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

All good

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible yes

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If they are using the black wire for cool speed ,you can move the blue to the cool relay and slow fan down and move black to unused terminal. Let me know what terminals currently being used.

Has Genteq variable speed Eon motor. Sending pics, control board has empty terminal marked sp up
A91AC024-9D07-4975-9990...jpegA91AC0...jpeg986622DA-5813-4D82-8431...jpeg986622...jpeg073B8EB0-F789-44C3-9EE4...jpeg073B8E...jpeg12EA3125-1997-4440-83D5...jpeg12EA31...jpeg37AA228F-EFA0-49AD-8B5B...jpeg37AA22...jpeg7865B8CE-C0FC-428E-9A25...jpeg7865B8...jpeg

Since this is a variable speed ecm you can not change speeds by changing wires.These motors must be programmed for the specific furnace it is installed in.Perhaps not programmed properly

okay , is this something a regular tech can do ? I am reaching out to a different company because 4 techs couldn't figure this out.

Does your motor have a 4 and 16 wire harness or a 2 and 4 wire harness?

motor control # EON HD01 1HP 3/24/2015 . Has plug with black-purple and green. 2nd plug has 8 wire orange,yellow,black,blue,white,red , and 2 tan.TheDealerToolbox.com is supplier

See if it looks like this motor and verify connections

no it's the Eon motor. I went on Genteq site ,it seems that the controls in the unit have to signal the motor /controller.they speak of dip switches to set speed but I don't see any except ones in the Honeywell board marked heating speed delay off adjust(secs) seems strange to have variable speed motor but no speed control but I'm a locksmith!

Did the furnace originally have an ecm?

I have not been able to get a manual for this unit. have to assume it did because it had the Eon controller module mounted to the blower housing before being replaced.

OK if it is the motor with the 16 pin connector those have tobe pre programmed to match your furnace.The distributor who sold motor to installer should have the equipment to match the motor to the furnace.It doesn't sound like this was done.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
now that makes sense if the unit doesn't communicate to the motor. maybe I should contact TheDealerToolbox direct. thanks