HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a nordyne cmf series mobil home furnace with a hsi…

Customer Question
I have a nordyne...

I have a nordyne cmf series mobil home furnace with a hsi ignition box . I changed out the power burner motor because it would not ignite for more than 5 sec it ran a full cycle but now it shows a open or stuck centrifugal switch do you think the control box is bad

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just need to know if you think the hsi box could be bad

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

HI I AM DAN I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. MOST LIKELY THE CONTROL IS NOT BAD I WOULD RECOMEND REMOVING THE END BELL OF THE MOTOR AND LUBRICATED THE SAFT THAT THE SWITCH IS ON AND OIL THE MOTOR BY THE TWO OIL PORTS ON THE MOTOR.