HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an enviro gas heater 828, is repairs possible ??

Customer Question
Hi I have an...

Hi I have an enviro gas heater 828, is repairs possible ??

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Heater stopped working about three months, I was going to replace but cost of new heater is too much

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No i do not have the knowledge

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I can still light the pilot but cannot get the main burner to ignite

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/15/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If pilot lights but the burners will not, the most likely issue is the gas valve has failed and will need to be replaced.See link.

https://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/eurosit-manually-reg-valve-ng-for-enviro-828-gas-stoves-828-004-p/828-004.htm?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4JC8r_jA1wIVjP5kCh1iXAgFEAYYASABEgJrfPD_BwE

If you are mechanically inclined or know someone who could replace it for you, the valve is less than 200 dollars.

However it will be almost impossible to get someone to come out to your home to do so and if you do find someone, they will want to charge about 300 for the valve and three to four hours labor, so not real practical.