HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My screen is unresponsive. I change I changed the batteries…

Customer Question
My screen is unresponsive...

My screen is unresponsive. I change I changed the batteries and it will not respond.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just tonight

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/15/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 10 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together. Note it takes time to type so please be patient.

Try tp put the batteries in backwards for 3-5 secs then the correct way, if it still will not respond the thermostat is bad. Let me know what happens

it did not work

OK then the thermostat is defective you will have to replace it this happens periodically on those touchscreen units so it is not too uncommon. SOrry for the bad news please do not kill the messenger...thanks

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!