HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have replace the board and the the limit switch and the…

Customer Question
I have replace the...

I have replace the board and the the limit switch and the flame sensor. now and before the exact thing happens.... exhaust would come on and the igniter would glow orange flame would kick on and then kick whole system would kick off

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Preferable

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Rheem furn. model RGDJ-07EAUER serial no. EC5D302F309708200

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/15/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you get an error code on board by flashing green light?

between the retries or start ups i get 4 blinks, after that i get the lock out blinks

Let me grab a manual

according to the schematic on the furn.1 blink is lock out
2 blink is pressure switch is open
3 blink is limit switch is open
4 blink is lock out

Not finding a manual for this one.You never get a 2 or 3 blink before the lockout?

my apologies 4 blink is pressure switch shorted.
to answer you question no
i did before i replaced my limit switch
now i do not

Next I want you to locate the pressure switch. It will be a small round canister with a hose attaching it to the inducer housing. Remove hose from inducer housing and leave it attached to the pressure switch. Power off and back on to reset board again, Then call for heat at thermostat. Allow inducer to start then suck on the end of hose still attached to pressure switch and see if switch will close and burners ignite.

Pressure switch may be metal or plastic, See below

http://i.imgur.com/xz4NcnM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/at2Z27r.jpg

Keep sucking and see if it will stay lit

ok i did that in 2 different cycles, it only kick on for a few seconds then kicked off,
like it has been

If furnace ground is good, and flame senser is good I am going to say you got a bad board again.Not so unusual as these things are coming out of Mexico and China these days. Let's swap board if they will exchange

huh!? so i am not crazy thinking that. okay it may be a few days before i get back to you about this. in mean time is there anything that i can do to try to do? other than switch out the board

Not that I can think of .You have already changed the limit and flame sensor and imitated closing pressure switch by sucking.Only other thing I could think of is if there is another limit somewhere in circuit but it doesn't sound like it runs long enough for a limit to be issue