HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Have a Nordyne gas furnace- unit mod#M1MB 077A AW - fails on

Customer Question
flame failure. Igniter glows,main flame...
Have a Nordyne gas furnace- unit mod#M1MB 077A AW - fails on flame failure. Igniter glows,main flame comes on,goes into failure. When reset it will run for days and again have same problem. Could there be a problem with circuit board?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?
Customer: No pilot light- all timing through circuit board.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I am a retired service tech..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just want to know if these circuit boards have been a problem. What is the warranty time on parts for this Nordyne furnace?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 month ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

Have you already cleaned the flame sensor with steel wool?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer