HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I want to buy a heater that is more powerful than what I…

I want to buy a...
I want to buy a heater that is more powerful than what I have: Lasko model 754200Any option?
11/14/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You would need a 20 amp circuit for a bigger heater. Most household circuits are 15 amps

Hi sir. Thanks for the answer.
Could you send me an option like this from the Amazon?

Do you have a 20 amp circuit to plug it into?

I am sorry? I just have regular wall outlets

Then there are no higher output heaters that you can use. They draw too much power and would trip the breaker on a standard 15 amp circuit.

Ok. Is there anything at all I can do? Do you have any recommendations for me to get a better heater?
Is this stronger than the other one? And is there a way I can have a more inexpensive yet just as good option?

I've already explained to you that you can't have a "stronger" heater because your wiring won't allow it.
I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Paul the Plumber
Paul the Plumber, HVAC Technician

I have another option that might work for you. You could get a second heater the same as you have and plug it into an known separate circuit. That is a different plug the is on a different fuse/breaker. You then would get double the btus for the space that you are trying to heat. If this helps please rate at 5 stars. Thanks Paul the Plumber

Thanks for that option. That is pretty obvious. I have tried that already. I wouldn't want to have that many heaters

That is the best easiest option. It would give you 3000 btus without running a new larger circuit. The physics of the electricity cant be tricked into working otherwise. I wouldn't attempt up sizing the circuit breakers without changing the wire to the proper size. As you probable know the breakers are for the protection of the wires. They will over heat and possible catch fire if too much amperage is run thru them. Sorry there is not a better answer for you. But you can't change the Physics.

Paul the Plumber
Paul the Plumber, HVAC Technician