HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a 70 pint dehumidifier GL-DEH-70EIP-6 purchased July

Customer Question
2013. 2 years ago...
I have a 70 pint dehumidifier GL-DEH-70EIP-6 purchased July 2013. 2 years ago the internal pump stopped working and this year it runs but does not dehumidify. I like the unit and have gone through all the troubleshooting. Repair options?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Checked everything. Have maintained it and used it successfully for the first years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm most capable but would not know where to start.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Trying to decide whether or not a lost cause.
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: HVAC
11/14/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 26 days ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together. Note it takes time to type so please be patient.

Well the bad news, they do not make any parts for these units at all. They are just considered throw away units due to the low cost. If the compressor stopped working you could either have a bad compressor or control board issue so even if the parts were available they would exceed replacement. The bot***** *****ne is now all dehumidifiers are just throw outs since the suppliers do not sell internal parts for them. I am sorry for the news and there is no better brand either these are all made about the same quality wise so just pick another 120-150 unit and hope for the best.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 24 days ago

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH