HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

There is a very small black box attached to the underside of…

Customer Question
There is a very...

There is a very small black box attached to the underside of my old Lennox gas furnace (the furnace is installed on its side under the house). I don't think it

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

Give me a minute to load a pic please

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't think it is a condensate trap - but I am not sure. Can't get a pic to load here. Water is dripping slowly from the box. I think it is actually coming from the gap between the box and where it is attached to the side of the furnace. Or even from the pvc pipe that is attached to the black box inside the furnace. What should I do?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/14/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 10 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together. Note it takes time to type so please be patient.

That is a condensate pump box, if it is dripping you likely need to replace it. You can get them for about 40-60 dollars at any hardware store or Home Depot. It would look like this see link below. I would just replace it if it is leaking.

CLCIK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!