HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Trying to get my furnace running. Only the blower keeps

Customer Question
running with no heat. Had...
Trying to get my furnace running. Only the blower keeps running with no heat. Had the igniter checked and it is ok
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Not sure about the thermostat settings I️ don’t see any buttons
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine and Then the blower just ran all night with no heat
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
11/14/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is model on furnace?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Carrier model 58sta110-16

Is there a small peep hole on bottom door to look inside furnace to see if there is a blinking light to indicate what has failed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it blinks red but Im insure of what the code is

Count the flashes .and tell me the number of short and number of long flashes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One short then longer then short

Lets turn power off to furnace then back on.Call for heat and see if furnace works or we get a different code.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Same code

Disconnect all wires from thermostat and see if we still have code

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the thermostat located

I mean wires from thermostat on the furnace control board itself

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you but I️ feel I’m over my head I’ll have someone else come out
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer