HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Jotul GZ 550 DVII Acadia. The pilot light lights

Hello I have a Jotul...
Hello I have a Jotul GZ 550 DVII Acadia. The pilot light lights and burns but it will not flame up. I had my local fireplace dealer come look at it and they said it was the thermocouple but they did not have one at the time. I ordered a thermopile, thermocouple, and electrode igniter and replaced them all myself. I can here a click when i turn the unit off. I have cleaned everything that i can get to. Thanks in advance for any help.
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: Jotul GZ 550 DVII Acadia
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thats all
11/14/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Try jumping the TH & THTP (THPP) terminals on the gas control valve. Does the burner fire up?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried that before i replaced the parts and it did not work and i just now tried it again after replacing the before mentioned parts and the burner is not flaring up. I tried several times and made sure the pilot light had been burning several minutes.

Ok, then based on what you've told me you need to replace the gas control valve

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thats what i thought but i wanted a second opinion before i purchased one. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor