HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have and I comfort thermostat and a brand new heat pump.

Customer Question
I have and I...

I have and I comfort thermostat and a brand new heat pump. The technician set it up so that the emergency heat strips kick on at 35° I would like to change that setting down closer to 10 or 15°F I have and I comfort thermostat and a brand new heat pump. The technician set it up so that the emergency heat strips kick on at 35° I would like to change that setting down closer to 10 or 15°F

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

OK it really has nothing to do with the filters and that is what I need is technical assistance setting the thermostat OK it really has nothing to do with the filters and that is what I need is technical assistance setting the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/13/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Do you know how to et to system settings and do you have the dealer number to access the setup menu?

You may have to contact dealer to get that number if not.

The dealer number is ***** required to prevent customer from making changes.

If you can get to the setup menu what we want to do is go to System Balance point in the menu.There will be a "high balance point" which determines temp at which heat strips can not come on and then a "low balance point" which is temp when the heat pump can not come on.

You will adjust the low balance point there by arrowing down to the temp you want to allow heat pump to run and select save.

I am including a link to the manual.

See page 14 https://www.lennox.com/lib/legacy-res/pdfs/installation_maintenance/lennox_icomfortwifi_setup.pdf

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician