HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Honeywell safe in my bar. The door is in its locked…

Customer Question
I have a Honeywell...

I have a Honeywell safe in my bar. The door is in its locked position with the bolts protruding but the safe is open meaning that it can't be closed. Despite entering the correct combination, the safe wont allow me to turn the key

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is approx. a year old. It is a Honey well LP 101317(###) ###-####

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Only this morning. We obviously can't close the safe. We have just entered the code and tried to turn the key to unbolt the safe so it can be closed.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 7 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

eddieHi ...........Use WD40 especially on the opening mechanism inside the door and also on the part of the bars that are closest to the door, enter your combination and try pushing on the bars to get them to retract. Use a rubber mallet or a hammer with a towel wrapped around the head to tap on those bars and try to get them to retract if in case they aren’t......please let me know

Thanks

Hi. I don't think it's an issue with the locking mechanism. We enter the code and the keypad is saying error. After 3 attempts it is locking us out. The combination has never been changed

you have nothing to lose by trying my instruction

Hi. I have tried this without success. As soon as the combination is entered the screen shows error. After three attempts, the siren sounds

yeah it will shut you out for a while

15 minutes. Any other ideas. Can I reset the password *****?

let me find out ...........i think Honeywell bought out Sisco and is now Brinks...............how old is your safe?

a year or 18 months

okay Brinks is Honeywell so lets try to re-set the combination.........there is mixed success with this, but here are the directions...............
Select a new 4-number combination. Then:
1. Before starting, clear all settings by turning the dial CLOCKWISE (to the right)
three times.
2. Turn dial to right until it is on 0 (zero).
3. Turn dial to the RIGHT, passing the first number in the combination FOUR (4)
times. Stop on that number on the fifth time around.
4. Turn the dial to the LEFT, passing the second number in the combination TWO (2)
times. Stop at that number on the third time around.
5. Turn the dial to the RIGHT, passing the third number in the combination ONE (1) time. Stop at that number on the second time.
6. Turn the dial to the LEFT, to the last number in the combination, and STOP.
7. Insert key in the cylinder lock and turn RIGHT to open.
Your safe should now open.

Hi. There is no dial. Key pad only and the key.

you did use the WD 40 right?...............you may have to be a little more forceful on those locking bars ............you said the combination is correct right?............if so a getting a default combination isnt going to help unless you wanted to try that but they will charge you about 30

there is definately no issue with the mechanism. I am not aware of a combination change but maybe a staff member has accidentally changed it

okay here is what's next then.......each Brinks/Honeywell safe has a different default combination, so to get the original combination you can contact Honeywell ...........this number may be a different one but give it a try 1-***-***-****

I hope you have found my answers insightful with content and to your satisfaction……. please click ACCEPT… this would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming to me until I am rated for my assistance…..positive feedback…..5 star replies and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated

Thank You

eddie

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor