HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a NTI- TRINITY Ti150 boiler that shuts down after…

Customer Question
I have a NTI- TRINITY...
I have a NTI- TRINITY Ti150 boiler that shuts down after starting with an error 1 code? there is no power to circulation pump so boiler shuts down, for reaching max temp in heat exchanger. What do i need to check to find problem?
thanks derek
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Are you talking about the system pump that circulates water through the house? If so what do you have for a relay controlling that pump? brand & model please?

no relays, the boiler runs power to circulation pump when a zone commands the boiler to produce heat. circulation pump is in line 3 feet from boiler. there are no circulation pumps inside of boiler housing. there is a power supply running from boiler controller to circulation pump

You should have 2 pumps a boiler pump and a system pump. Manufactuere's install instructions require 2 pumps. Are you saying you only have 1 pump?

it has 7 pumps total, with all the zones, but whatever that boiler does to command on pump to circulate out of boiler is not sending power out, so since heat is not being removed from boiler chamber it shuts down boiler

That's not how it works. The boiler circ is there to moderate (warm up) the cold return water temp before it gets to the boiler which could shock the boiler. The boiler loop pump should run as long as there's a call for heat except if there is a priority call for DHW assuming you don't have a separate indirect fired water heater. If there is no call for hot water and there is no power to the boiler pump then you either have a bad connection or a bad control board.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer