HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a couple simple questions about my Rheem 90

Customer Question
installation1. My plenum is 20'...
Have a couple simple questions about my Rheem 90 installation1. My plenum is 20' tall.... Off the plenum there are 3 round connections and then there is the long TRUNK run that goes 25 feet down the basement. Most of the house heats off this trunk run, as I will call it, all of this was existing. HOWEVER, I have a condenser unit on this furnace AND I want to put it up on its "legs" so I had to cut the plenum back to 20" from top of condenser to top of plenum. Yes it is the existing plenum, cut down, and it is 1" from the floor joyces.2. This came out of my office, the plumber head the exhaust 3" and the intake tied together. They went straight up about 4 feet then came together and went straight up and out the roof together. I am exhausting out my glass block window. I don't want to tie them together, for the intake I will go up 6" over 3" and then elbow down. is this okay?3. From the furnace I have to go:
12" up
45 degree
24" straight
45 degree
48" straight
90 degree
60" straight out window(A. Is the above okay?)
(B. I need to make sure that the pipe has a slight FALL back toward the furnace yes?)4. Lastly I am using the former plenum that is 24" x 24" and I am inserting the new plenum
up inside of it which is like 17.5" x 23.5" and I will do this "perfectly centered." I want to put
2" of Styrofoam between the old plenum wall and the new plenum wall on each side to make up
the "dead space." Is this safe? I "think" it will be fine because it is sandwhiched in there but if not then
I need to get my sheet metal chops in shape.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What's the model number of your unit?

RGRM- 07EMAES
75000 BTU

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.