HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Riello 40 series mectron oil burner has issues on cold

Customer Question
Riello 40 series mectron...

Riello 40 series mectron oil burner has issues on cold start

Contractor's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Versed on gun burners

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Burner will be on and off for up to 10 times before establishing flame and then runs fine.
Burner runs for 5 to 10 sec at a time before flame is established
Can you answer or not?
Answered in 3 days by:
11/16/2017
HVAC Technician: Brian, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
Brian
Brian, HVAC Technician
That could be photocell or solenoid coil or a nozzle if it's not been serviced recently. It could also be fuel starvation if the oil is dropping back down the pipe.
Is it on diesel or kerosene and is the oil tank higher than the burner. If not do you have a tigerloop or non return valve installed