HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a modular home. The furnace is propane /electric.

Customer Question
We have a modular home...
We have a modular home. The furnace is
propane /electric . The thermostat is a
NORDYNE 903992.
This has been running fine until 1 to 2 weeks ago. Now , when we want the temp at 72° , we have to push the gauge all the way up & then it runs constantly.
The outside temp has gone well below freezing.
We're having difficulty regulating the temp in our home .
The dial inside the thermostat is set at .6
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Sounds like you have a diffective thermostat issue,

We don't know if it's defective or if the dial inside needs to be adjusted. It's set at .6
We're on a fixed income & cannot afford anything . We took a chance that we could get an answer to our issue & it looks like we just threw away $37.00 for nothing!
We are not satisfied with your answer & would like our money reimbursed to our credit card , PLEEEAAASE !!!!!

I am not finished assisting you

Try adjusting the thermostat anticipator dial to the top right on the rivet instead of .6

And if that doesnt work better remove the 2 wires in thermostat and join them together to see if it starts the furnace

Be back with you shortly

You mean set it at -.2 ?

If you have just the basic mercury type t-stat, go past .2 and up on the rivet that holds the wire

We don't have the mercury type thermostat.

Did you remove the 2 wires in thermostat and join them together to see if it starts the furnace?

You're not going to believe this .....
There was a stink bug lodged
'face down' so far into the setting gauge & we had to use a magnifying glass in order to see it. We used tweezers to carefully remove it ..... & once it was removed , the furnace kicked on !!!!!
We've had a big problem with these bugs since mid-summer . We're finding them everywhere & this really takes the cake! !!!!
We are terribly sorry for wasting your time . Even our HVAC man didn't see it !
Thank you for all of your suggestions!

Good job

Best regards

Gaztech1

Good job

Best regards

Gaztech1