HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Back during the summer we had a rolling blackout. Once the…

Customer Question
Back during the summer...

Back during the summer we had a rolling blackout. Once the power came back on my fan on my HVAC has ran continuously unless I turn it off at the circuit breaker. It does not matter what the fan control setting is on the thermometer. It will run continuously. Additionally, my furnace will not light and produce warm air when my thermostat calls for heat. Im trying to problem solve before calling someone out.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat settings are ok. Filter is new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

AC worked fine in summer but the fan would not shut off.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Your fan runs constantly because your furnace is in lockout, you can try shutting the breaker to your furnace for 30 seconds to see if it will reset.

I have done that but no luck

Then it means furnace is in hard lockout and probably a high temperature high limit switch has opened. it looks like this picture in the blue link.

little red button in the center is reset. they are located arround the burner hosing

How did you do?

I noticed question is still open, rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician