HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I bought the Honeywell MM14 for my office but it has no

Customer Question
I bought the Honeywell...

I bought the Honeywell MM14 for my office but it has no windows. Can I still use the unit?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Just want to know if ii will still function without the hoses being hooked up to a window.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not what work you are talking about. I just need to plug it in and use it in my office when the air conditioning is turned off without it being hooked up to a window.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Will the air conditioning work without it being connected to a window?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can't use this without a window unless you have some other way to run the exhaust hose/duct outdors.

Is there any product that will cool a 450 square foot office without a window?

You'd have to install a permanent mini split system. There is no portable that will do this.

Want to find an air conditioning unit that does need an outside air source. Do you know on any?
Can I️ still use the Honeywell without breaking it without outside air?

There are none. You have to dump the heat outdoors to cool a room