HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat is saying replace battery but I can't find my…

Customer Question
My thermostat is saying...

My thermostat is saying replace battery but I can't find my instruction book. What do I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think just the thermostat. The system was checked not long ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Either me or my son-in-law

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. Just need to know how to change it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 10 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

This could vary with the style thermostat. Do you know the model or can post a pic?

I believe it is th6220D1002
I prefer this way

thank you!..just a moment

Never mind. I'll call my installer to come out. Cancel me.

the entire "front section" pops off exposing the sub base and batteries...look this over HERE and let me know if it helps

I'll tell my son-in-law and if he
can't do it I'll call the installer.

You can grasp the entire front and pull the bottom out and upward...would you like to try this or wait?