HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a carrier infinity 96 furnace and the pilot light…

Customer Question
I have a carrier...

I have a carrier infinity 96 furnace and the pilot light will not catch. on my thermos it says the heat pump is not on is that a problem or do I keep it on furnace only.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes I changed them. this in the wALL

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES I;M TROUBLESHOOTING

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already tried to reboot this furnace it blows well but pilot just wont catch. system is fairly new I just brought house never used heat but a/c is great.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. You have mention that the furnace will not start. You also mention the the t'stat shows no heat pump That is heat using the AC. I would think the t'stat is missed wired.

This answer is based on the information you have given.If you have any additional information you would like to add, you can use the reply box below for additional questions, comments, or would like to upload helpful photos.

furnace is working ignition in the furnace will not stay lite when it ignited. the thermos is set on FURNACE ONLY not HEAT PUMP IS NOT ON. Should I change setting or keep like It is ? the furnace is igniting but want say lite. thermos and system is fine worked great with a/c never used heating system just brought house system fairly new.

The pilot or flame sensor could be dirty I would start there if they are OK I would seek a tech.