HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Our furnace is shutting off after running for a while and…

Customer Question
Our furnace is shutting...

Our furnace is shutting off after running for a while and the light blinks 4 times. When we had the air on the blower motor made some noise. Once we switched to heat it sounded a little louder then usual but nothing out of the ordinary. Now the limit or rollout switch blinks

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes filter is clean and thermostat settings is fine

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe my husband

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really. We turned the fuse off and back on. It kicks on blows warm air for about 5 min then shuts back off

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Are any vents closed/blocked? do you have AC?

Nothing is blocked yes we do have ac

Ok then the limit may be working OK and you have a clogged AC coil above the furnace. It's also possible the limti is out of calibration and needs to be replaced. Cleaning the AC coil is a job for a pro