HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Primary control unit will not turn on the igniter and fuel…

Customer Question
Primary control unit will...

Primary control unit will not turn on the igniter and fuel oil blower. I can overide it and heat up.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat sending signal. Primary control unit will not engage to turn on start . Can be overiden to start and provide heat well.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If heating the unit up . Then turning thermostat down. Forced air chimney functions properly. Unit air circulation functions properly then shuts off.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

How do you "overrride" the ignition control?

I tested the fan control relay. High ohm reading. Ordered 1 to try.

You didn't answer my question

Primary control contacts were burnt. Ordered new one. Fan control relay was bad causing voltage drop to Primary control relay. Primary control relay was damaged from vendor. Was able to repair it and replace fan control relay. All working now.

ok