HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My heat is not working but the pilot light is on in the

Customer Question
water heater and gas heater...
My heat is not working but the pilot light is on in the water heater and gas heater but I have a red kill switch in my hallway and in the Attic . Which direction should they both be in on or off?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

The emergency switch(es) should be ON.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Both of the switches are in the on position but I still do not have heat. The
air that is coming out of the vents is cold air.

Then you have a furnace problem. Do you want to trouble shoot this? if so I need the brand and model of the furnace and the flash code on the control baord LED inside the blower compartment. You should be able to see it through a viewing port in the access panel without removing the blower compartment panel.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer