HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 68 series Weil McLain boiler with a Beckett oil…

Customer Question
I have a 68 series...
I have a 68 series Weil McLain boiler with a Beckett oil burner model afg . Cleaned boiler today and when i turned it back on i bled the line as you should right when there was a steady stream of oil out of the bleeder the burner tripped and will not reset . Any ideas
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What do you have for an ignition control? for an aquastsat/relay?

Carlin ignition control model 60200-02

Try holding it down for 30 seconds

I’ve done that. Heard rev b models have a lot of problems but it worked this morning
Looks like there was at one time a l7103 Honeywell aquastat but has since been removed. No aquastat present
Red light to indicate lockout is lit but will not reset no matter how long it’s held in

Do you have a multi-meter?

Yep

What do you have for an operating control (aquastat/relay)?

Low water cutout and water feeder is i see . Old aquastat is here with old replaced burner but no aquastat now

Ok, so steam not hot water (68 series could be used for either). Do you have power to the ignition control?

steam sorry , should’ve clarified . Power is good . Burner started when the unit was turned on but tripped when bleeding the line . And now will not reset

I got that. The question is do you have power at the ignition control now. If you do then test for 120 volts across the white and orange leads (motor lead) after holding the reset down for 30 seconds. After 10 seconds the LED's should flash then 20 seconds later the control should power the burner. If you have nothnig then the control is suspect. If you have 120 volts then replace the motor.