HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am trying to install a Honeywell focus pro 6000. Y

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to install a Honeywell focus pro 6000. Y existiu

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My exing wiring is 2 reds yellow. Brown yellow and white. The 2 greens have been wired together and were not inserted pinto the old thermostat. Us cant figure how to hook these together

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermopstat probl;wem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, send me a photo of the existing thermostat connections, and the brand and model number of the existing thermostat. use the 'add files' link next to your send button.

What you have is not wired per the standards that apply to the Focus pro, I will have to see what you have and ask some questions about what type of system you have. Can you tell me if this is gas furnace with electric heat? or a boiler system with radiators.

We can go from there

Can I call me at(###) ###-####
The existing thermostat is a train TRANE TH8320U1040 It is a forced air gas system there is no air-conditioning on the system
Phil I took the wiring Offy old thermostat but I recorded which terminals they went to the brown wire went to the W-2 one red wire went to RC one red wire went to R the white wire went to W the yellow wire went to Y the blue wire went to B
The two green wires were wired together with a wire nut and were not connected to the wiring block at all
Do u have an answer
are you going to call me at(###) ###-####
When will I have an answer to my question. It’s cold out I think I have to call the heating technician. Your service is not rapid enough.
When will I get an answer to my problem???
when will you answer my questions and help me install the thermostate????? Waiting, waiting, waiting.Mark
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here I will call you just let me know when. Russ

What is the answer to my problem
Send me the solution via email. Phone is not an option today u

Red to R

Yellow to Y

Green to G

White to W1

Brown to W2

Blue to B

Please note that the existing wiring for the train thermostat has the two green wires twisted together and are not connected to the board on the thermostat. Will this change your response?
Also you will note that I have two red wires , should I Join these two together via a pigtail and connect to the R terminal? Also what gauge wiring is appropriate for the pigtail?
Oh a problem on the board for the Honeywell thermostat there are only a W G C Y R and an RC, there’s no W1 and W2. Also, you will note that the existing wiring at the green wires pigtail together with no connection to the terminal board on the thermostat

Blue will go to C. Is this a commercial building. That is a commercial thermostat. Russ

What about the white and brown wire. There is only a W connection not a W-2 connection
Russ this is not a commercial building a home single-family home
Also you haven’t responded to my question about the gauge of the wiring I should use for the pigtails

White to W 2. Brown you do not need. Tape off. Was a thermistor on old thermostat. Not needed on Honeywell.

Gauge of wire is 18 gauge. Russ

Russ I don’t have a W-2 connection on the terminal board for the thermostat. My current thermostat which I believe is not working was installed in 2010.
Russ:
There is no B terminal on the block So where do I connect the blue terminal? Remember the new thermostat only has a G W C Y R and an RC
Phil the R and the RC terminal’s on the thermostat are linked together with a jumper. I assume I should remove the jumper and connect the red wires as follows: one to R and the other to the RC. Is that correct?

Yes if that was the way the old thermostat was connected. Russ

System is not working

Switch red wires. Russ

You will have to go into installer setup and set the option for your equipment. If you have 1 stage cool 1 stage heat that is what you have to set. Russ

To go into installer setup . Press system for a second. You will see blanks at bottom of screen. Take two fingers and press the squares on either side of center square for 5 seconds. Next go to 170 press option 1. Russ

On your pro 6000 just tough fan and up button. That will take you into installer setup. Press option 1. Russ

Still need help. Russ

Hi RussI finally had to call a furnace repair company and now everything works.Mark

Glad your back online Mark. Russ