HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a carrier gas furnace but it is blowing out cold air.

Customer Question
I have a carrier...

I have a carrier gas furnace but it is blowing out cold air. How can i tell if the pilot light is on.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filters are brand new. I gave them turned off now but they were on heat and my house temp went from 66 to 60 degrees

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have the thermostats turned off

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If i can. If it is simple. I just bought the house and have had work done on all 2016 appliances

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. Highly unlikely you even have a pilot. There's a viewing port into the blower compartment. Tell me how many short & long flashes you see on the control baord LED