HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My cgi gas water baseboard furnace keeps turning off even…

Customer Question
My cgi gas water...

My cgi gas water baseboard furnace keeps turning off even though the thermostats are set high

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Larger hvac happening in all 3 zones

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If necessary

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Dont know

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What exactly is turning off? the burner? if so this is normal operation. As the burners fire the boiler temp rises to the limit setting at which point the burners shut down until the hot water is circulated through the huse cooling it off. At which point the burners come back on. The circulator/pump will/should run until the call for heat is satisfied.

the burner
can i adjust the limit setting?
how can i tell if the circulator pump is running?

You don't want to adjust anything. The limit is set to the design temp of the system so don't mess with it. You can tell if the pump is running by putting a screwdriver handle to your ear and the tip on the pump. If it's running you'll hear it spinning.