HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a intertherm gas furnace mgha-056abfc-01 that is

Customer Question
I have a intertherm...

I have a intertherm gas furnace mgha-056abfc-01 that is short cycling. Runs for about 45 secs and blower shuts off with burner still on. Blower was replaced about 6 years ago along with fan switch and limit switch.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

I swapped the thermostat last night. The pilot light is fine, The burners are working.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I usualy do if I can find the problem. Checked continuity on flame roll over limit switch and its good.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of Its a mobile home if that matters

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 5 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, try setting the fan and limit switch 20 degrees higher, as a brief test only. If that changes the short cycling situation, tell me what the settings are.

We can go from there.

.

There isnt an adjustment on the switches. It is a 25 year old mobile home furnace in my rental home.
I do not get good phone reception here.
hello
Are you working on my answer or am I waiting here for nothing? Thanks Brian
I am asking for a refund this was a joke and waste of time and money!!!!!

Hello, I can put in for a refund if you wish.

However we handle many questions at a time and there is usually a delay while we do research and type up answers... both take time... there are no pat answers without that research, pulling the manuals and etc.

I want a refund
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer