HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My heat is not working, it is blowing cold air. It is a 2003…

Customer Question
My heat is not...

My heat is not working, it is blowing cold air

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

It is a 2003 Carrier Thermostat and it does not have that setting name

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Right now I am just trying to see if it is the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No one I call seems to be able to understand this system in my home, it was here when I bought the house. However, the seller had all of the paperwork on it. It is a Split System Heat Pump.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. if you want to bypass the thermostat it will require turning the power to the air handler off, removing the thermostat off the sub base on the wall and connected some of the wires together. or if you have a mulitmeter you can test it with the meter.