HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Carrier Furnace goes on but will not stay on,the red

Customer Question
My Carrier Furnace goes...

My Carrier Furnace goes on but will not stay on,the red blinking code is 3blinks and pause,3

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I h

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No,it turns on and off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
No that'll suffice for now, no reason to overload.
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

A 33 error is an open limit circuit error.

You can try resetting the rollout switch(es) (see attached pic for typical). They are located just outside the burner chamber. Turn off the power then press the small button between the 2 leads to reset it. If it clicks you have reset it and the unit will fire up when you turn the power back on with any luck. If it doesn't click it wasn't tripped.
Check to be sure there isn't more than one by tracing the leads connected to the switch.

I will try that and
I will try that and get back to you.

Ok, I'm around for about another hour then gone until mid afternoon.