HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The fan on an aair conditioner does not stop. I used it in…

Customer Question
The fan on an...

The fan on an aair conditioner does not stop

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes i used it in cold weather

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I want the noise to stop

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is below zero autside and the unit is off but it operates non stop

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello… My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as providing a quick and straightforward solution to your fan not shutting off question. On behalf of Just Answer, I do apologize for the extended wait time you’ve experienced without an expert responding to your question. Now that I am logged on, please allow me a few moments for some research and to confirm my recommendations, which will appear shortly.

In the meantime, if you have any more information you would like to add, ask additional questions, would like to make a comment, or would like to upload helpful photos, please use the reply box below. Thank you!

I​s this the fan on the outside unit or inside unit?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted, however…

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 9 months ago

I​ was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

I have not been able to locate any additional information on this issue and since I have not received any feedback, I am thinking the recommendations I mentioned above have been helpful in resolving this problem. If you still need additional assistance just let me know by using the reply box.

Thanks,

Dave