HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Top temperature keeps flashing and is lower than the set…

Customer Question
Top temperature keeps flashing...

Top temperature keeps flashing and is lower than the set temperature

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is very cold here -31 degrees C

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. i assume you are refering to the display on the thermostat? if that is the case most likely it is a problem with the thermostat. first thing to try would be to reset the thermostat by removing the batteries and if they are over 1 year old replace them or if newer you can reinstall the same batteries afte 1 minute. if it does not have batteries turn the power off to the furnace for 1 minute and then back on and check to see if it works.