HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a trinity Ti150 heating my floor and my domestic hot…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a trinity Ti150 heating my floor and my domestic hot water. The ph level of the water in the heating loop is at 6.5. I assume that it should be around 7.5. What should I do to get the proper ph reading? Also,the water is very clear and has been in the loop since 2008.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, the\

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on how extensive the work is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The system is working perfectly except for the ph level which ,as far as I have been told should be around 7.5. If 6.5 is nothing to worry about, then I have no problem.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the ideal is pH value 7.5 to 8 alkaline to avoid corrosion, and that should be achieved in your situation with a *non toxic water treatment so that if there is a leak in the heat exchanger, your domestic hot water will not be poisoned.

The system should be flushed and a new water and treatment should be installed... such as propylene glycol based boiler water treatment Click here please

click here, call these people on the phone and ask for a recommendation

Or tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest larger town or city and I will locate a source for you.

When you have what you need, locate the "finish and rate your expert" link near the top of your page to close the question and get me paid, Thanks