HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

MY TACO SR502 2 ZONE SYSYTEM IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

Customer Question
MY TACO SR502 2...

MY TACO SR502 2 ZONE SYSYTEM IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY UPSTAIRS IS 80 DEGREES DOWNSTAIRS MAIN FLOOR IS WITHOUT ANY HEAT ZONE 2 PRIORTY IS REDZONE ONE HAS NO LIGHT

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

HOW TO I CK THERMOSTAS STTINGS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES IF POSSIBLE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

THERMOSTA IS ON 80 HOUSE TEMP 62

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 10 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I am unclear .. is red zone 1 for the downstairs that is not heating? Answer that specifically please,

Take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside taco zone controller and another picture that shows all of the wire connections inside the zone controller , and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.. and with over 8,000 questions answered here since 2009, with a 98.5% satisfaction rating.

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

That said, I cannot guarantee that you will not do something unsafe, or cause damages. You take that risk.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a lot about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here as you keep asking follow up questions without any limits … those actions are necessary to keep you on my list.

Thank you anyway I’m going to wait for the plumber

Good luck with it.