HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Rick I still have issue with my boiler BUDERUS G-224 It

Customer Question
continues to make the knocking...
Rick I still have issue with my boiler BUDERUS G-224 It continues to make the knocking noise inside that transfers on the pipes and radiators when the boiler is reaching the cut of temp of about 150F
What do you think maybe happening?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Well with water temp well below boiling point the only other possibilities are air in the system or possibly to high water flow (pump GPM too high) and you get what's essentially water hammer when a zone valve closes.

Rick I did replace last week the Amtroll expansion tank and it helped little bit. I did eliminate the zone pumps because they switch on before I start to hear the knocking it gets louder as the boiler reaches its cut off set point some of the knocking is low I hear it when I am by the boiler but then are the louder ones that travel through the pipes. .

Do you have a separate temp gauge or are you relying on the boiler temp reading?

Rick I will call you on a day when I am back at the house and next to the boiler so you can also hear what it is doing, Stan

Ok

the boiler is controlled by it own Buderus Logomatic control.

That's not what I asked. I asked if there is a separate external temp gauge to verify water temp. If not then the boiler temp sensor could be off and your water could be a lot hotter than you think.

there is a T/P gauge on the manifold above the boiler that shows the how hot is the water leaving the boiler it is some 5 feet away.

Ok