HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I️ have an ash dump door in the bottom of my fireplace. The…

Customer Question
I️ have an ash dump...
I️ have an ash dump door in the bottom of my fireplace. The problem is, I️ can’t find the clean out. Looked below in basement but there is another fireplace there. Looked outside. No luck. Any other ideas?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You may not have one. The cleanout door should be obvious. It's not somethine that's hidden and with another fireplace below there only a limited amount of room for the ashes to collect and no place for a cleanout.

what’s beneath that door?

Most liklely a void in the chiney with no acess. If you shoose to use it you'll have to vacuum it out once it fills up.