HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am getti ng 2 flashes on the voard with the light. I

Customer Question
I am getti ng...

I am getti ng 2 flashes on the voard with the green light. I bought a new air pressure switch and changed it out.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I still get 2 flashing green lights.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I keep hitting enter before I am done typing.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the brand and model of your unit?

I checked the thermostat by disconnecting the wires. There are 3, red, green, white. When I hook them together in different combinations, the fan comes on but the heater does not ignite. I have replaced the air pressure switch and I still get 2 green light flashes when I turn it on. It is a Reznor V3 series, model UDAP 75 garage heater. Has always worked good until now.

You have a draft issue. You can check the vent for blockages and also the vac tubing connected to the switch. Be sure the tubing is not kinked, deteriorated or doesn't have water in it. You can also poke a paper clip into the port where the tubing connects but not into the switch connection. If all that checks out. Turn the power off to the unit wait a couple minutes then turn it back on. After the fan starts remove one of the leads from the pressure switch and connect it to the other lead. If the sequence continues then you may have a weak or clogged fan. The next thing we would do is put a manometer on the exhaust to check the actual draft pressure but you aren't likely to have a manometer and they are expensive.