HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Thermostat won't turn on in auto setting and when I turn fan…

Customer Question
Thermostat won't turn on...

Thermostat won't turn on in auto setting and when I turn fan on it only blows air no heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes,filter is good

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I rechecked wiring positive its good

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What other reason it won't blow warm air

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Sounds like a furnace malfunction. If you want to trouble shoot this I'll need the brand and model number of your unit.

Furnace was working fine before installing new thermostat

Did you turn the power off when you changed the thermostat?

If you wired the thermostat right then it's a furnace problem