HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have Lennox Whisperheat G200 furnace. Damper door not always…

Customer Question
Have Lennox Whisperheat G200...

Have Lennox Whisperheat G200 furnace. Damper door not always opening. Opens occassionally. I can power off unit, wait awhile, and it will often open and the furnace will start. During normal course of operation and cycling, the damper door closes when the furnace stops but will not open again to restart. Can I remove damper door and bypass.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

New filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Furnace is probably 20 years old. Never had a problem. When I get the door to cycle it runs fine. I have pushed the switch resets for the roll out switch and vent safety shot off switch.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, send me a few photo's of the damper door taken from about 15 feet away so can see where the damper is fit into the system, then I can tell you if it can be removed or bypassed etc. or if it needs to be repaired... use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the phto to me