HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Ruud Silouhette II furnace and the pilot light went…

I have a Ruud...

I have a Ruud Silouhette II furnace and the pilot light went out. HOw do I relight it?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes- replaced last month

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its just a pilot light

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What's the actual model number of your unit. It's on the rating tag inside the burner compartment.

RCBA 48820G21
The serial number is *****

You can't light this pilot with a match. It has electronic ignition.

Still there RIck?
ok so then how would I start it?
There is an on/of knob. I turned it off then back on,. but still smell the gas when I turn it back on.
btw- the unit does power on.

If the power is on and the thermostat is tuned up then you have a malfunction. You'll need a multi-meter to troubleshoot this

ok. I guess I will need to call a technician then. thank you.

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor