HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a 1f83-277thermostate that is now showing stage 1…

Customer Question
We have a 1f83-277thermostate...

We have a 1f83-277thermostate that is now showing stage 1 and/or 2 depending on the settting but nothing comes on

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Since yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/10/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Remove front cover. Disconnect wires to R and G and touch wires together .Let me know if fan comes on

No fan
Whats next

OK you can close thermostat back up.Problem does not have anything to do with thermostat as we just bypassed it.

Next give me model on indoor unit (furnace or air handler)

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer