HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

New help getting my air temp Model: VG7SA 072C - 24B1

Customer Question
New help getting my...

New help getting my air temp Model: VG7SA 072C - 24B1 furnace to work

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yeah i checked it i put it to 80 the filter is pretty good. I waited a bit but when i went downstairs just to look if there was a flame there wasnt so the problem would prob be the flame not coming on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nah just flames wont come on

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Turned on the unit i flicked the light switch to turn it on then flip on the valve switch which then a green light on the circuit board came on, then I turned on the thermostat set it to heat it said the heat was on. The whole unit then kicked on but only blew cold air, then when i went down to the unit to check out the flame and there wasnt a flame on..
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/9/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

When furnace fails does green light start flashing and if so what is pattern of flash?

No flash it just stays green

Looking for a manual now.Do you see a legend on furnace panel to indicate led status?

No legend either

Normally if unit fails the light will blink a given set of flashes to indicate what is wrong. Lets do this. Open blower door.Hold or tape door switch in and use a short wire or pair of needle nose pliers and jump R and W terminals on board where thermostat wires connect and see if furnace will light.

Lets do this. Open blower door.Hold or tape door switch in and use a short wire or pair of needle nose pliers and jump R and W terminals on board where thermostat wires connect and see if furnace will light.

Now there's a green and red light on
Is it supposed to light when you flip that light switch and valve or when you also torn on the heat?

Inducer vent should come on, ignitor then burners and after that blower.Can you keep R and W jumped and see if all come on?

K I cleaned the flame sensor now I flicked on everything and the flame came on all three green red and orange lights show

Excellent. Now is it coming on by thermostat or jumping R and W?

I didn't jump the r and w just thermostat all I did was basically clean off the flame sensor
Show be good right??

Absolutely

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.