HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My American Standard furnace is faulting with the 3 blink…

Customer Question
Hello my American Standard...

Hello my American Standard furnace is faulting with the 3 blink code. I have replaced the pressure switch and have tried to run the unit without the intake tube. Still wont fire. I noticed that the fan motor also isnt running when I switch the unit on ..

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes They were just replaced

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can I will

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that is my only issue

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/8/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 3 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the draft fan isn't running you'll get a presure switch failure message. You can test power to the draft fan motor or if the motor isn't running and is hot that's a sure sign it has failed. It's also possible some debris has found it's way in there over the Summer

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer