HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a monitor heater Kerosene..Last season the tank ran…

Customer Question
I have a monitor...

I have a monitor heater Kerosene..Last season the tank ran out of kero while the heater was still on.. I refilled the tank recently and cut the heater on but it's not igniting and the light keeps flashing, could it be the fuel line is clogged????

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just recently

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible I called the pleace that use to service it they no longer service monitor heaters

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/8/2017
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. it is opossible that the line is clogged but more likely it just has a lot of air in it and needs to be bleed. on the left side of the burner is the pump and on there is a small bleeder valve that will need to be loosened and bleed out all the air with the pump running