HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a air temp furnace that was installed last summer, it…

Customer Question
I have a air...

I have a air temp furnace that was installed last summer, it worked fine through the summer and winter season, I tried cutting the heat on and it won't light. The inducer motor comes on the hot surface ingitor glow bright but the gas valve is not opening - the diagnostic lights are alternating which means 1 hour locket, but the unit is not re-cycling

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes I kill the power over night and the same thing happened

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I brought the unit last year but can't find the warranty

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have been trouble shooting it for 3 days now, I checked to see if I had 24 V going to the gas valve and it did, also I have continuity on the valve

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. Is the gas on to the unit?

Then you either have a bad gas vlave or a clogged burner orifice. The burner adjacent to the igniter. I asked about the gas because it's very unusual for a gas valve to fail so soon. But it does happen.

Rick I'm driving

Ok, then you shouldn't be typing

Right! I will hit you back

OK