HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I've been working on my heat pump for a couple weeks and…

Customer Question
Hi I've been working...

Hi I've been working on my heat pump for a couple weeks and I've gotten the heat to turn on but only when I set the thermostat 5 degrees higher than it says the room temperature is

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes I've gone through and reset everything back to factory default and I've replaced the filters last week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Other than it having brand new elements not that I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/7/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What is model on your thermostat?

It's an white Rodgers 1f95ez-0671

Let me grab a manual

Do you know how to get to the installer configuration menu?

Lets go to function 12 and lower it a few degrees and see if that will make a difference on getting heat to come on sooner.

That didn't change anything I'm thinking it's either the wrong thermostat for what I have or it's wired wrong because I should have an emergency heat option and it isn't anywhere to be found on the thermostat

Thermostat is compatable with your unit. Lets look at wiring and setup.What wires go to what terminals?