HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Simple question. I'm a general contractor, I finished

Customer Question
Simple question....

Simple question. I'm a general contractor, I finished installing a mini split unit, MXZ-3C24NAHZ2 with three wall units, MSZFH12NA, 06NA x 2. The HVAC guys did the pressure test, vacuum, refrigerant charge and all was working fine. Until I was closing the line hide and put a screw into one of the wall unit cables. No sparks, no smoke. I examined the wire, no cut wire, just insulation on two wires. I reinsulated the wires, packed it all away. Then tried to start the units, no power to the wall units. L1, L2 at the compressor still reading 240 V, but no power at the S1, S2, S3 terminals. Checked the wiring diagram, there are two fuses on the power board, F1, F2, that protect the board from shorts. I haven't taken the power board out, but I can't find any part numbers that indicate that the fuses are replaceable. So the question is, are the fuses replaceable or does the power board have to be totally replaced? It doesn't make sense to have fuses to protect the board if the fuses aren't replaceable. Thanks, bill

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

No, I'm a general contractor. The HVAC guys finished the installation.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Likely not, but the HVAC guy I spoke with this morning doesn't know the answer either.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just the answer to the question.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Ricky Main,
 replied 9 months ago
Ricky Main

Hi my name is Ricky, Unfortunately you will have to get board replaced.

That sucks. Seems stupid to have fuses to protect the board if the board has to be replaced anyway.
HVAC Technician: Ricky Main,
 replied 9 months ago

yes it is but most all brands do this.

HVAC Technician: Ricky Main,
 replied 9 months ago

Sorry it was not the answer you was looking for. Please leave a positive review if I have answered all of your questions.

Thanks

You were wrong. Those fuses ARE replaceable. I spoke with a local supplier who teaches Mitsubishi installation courses, he had two laying on his desk as we spoke. Saved me over $500. You answered my question, don’t trust online chat advisers. Thx