HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Thermostat is set to cool, outside unit is running but

Customer Question
Thermostat is set to...

Thermostat is set to cool, outside unit is running but inside blowing hot air

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat set on 70, filters are good. 80 degrees in house

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I just installed a new thermostat, rechecked the wiring several times. There were no instructions in the box

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
11/7/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Most likely a wiring or setup issue

1.Brand on heat pump (Outdoor unit)?

2.Model on new thermostat?

3.What wires went where on old and where did you put each on new?