HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How are you. and im looking to buyout the HVAC item for a…

Customer Question
How are you Contractor's...

How are you

Contractor's Assistant: I'm good, thanks. How can I help?

Im GC and im looking to buyout the HVAC item for a commercial job we are involved with

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

The HVAC company has quoted ICP equipment and since im not an expert I want make sure the product that we as GC are delivering is priced accordingly

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No Im not We are general contractors no we will be subbing the work out

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can give you the models that we have been quoted

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
hello
11/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the ICP equipment is generally sold under the Goodman brand and for about 50% less than Carrier or Trane in many cases, but carries an equal or superior warranty,

In my view ICP (Goodman is about as good as any) especially given the much lower price.... at the very high end, Trane uses ball bearings in their fan motors, that is an advantage for long term durability, but Trane parts cost a lot more than Goodman parts... on balance ICP is not a bad option at all.... especially from the low bidder.... should be in the 30% lower range

ICP Goodman makes equipment for many other brand names and is the largest or next to largest mfgr in the residential and light commercial systems category

Regarding the sub contractor, the quality of the sub contractor is a most important factor... Goodman does not screen those it sells to very well... if your sub selling ICP is well established with a good local reputation, then he is not a bad option at all.

Get me the model numbers and I can be more specific